Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft, the leader in productivity software has created a cloud or software as a service (SaaS) version of Dynamics NAV; Dynamics 365 Business Central. With over 175,00 customers and millions of users worldwide, Dynamics NAV has the largest install base of any of the Dynamics products. Smart companies like the robust reporting due to the availability of dimensions which is a key feature of NAV, and now Business Central, but not available in other similar ERP systems. Financials, Inventory, Distribution, and Manufacturing round out the key modules that drive such a large customer base.
Smart companies like flexibility of deployment: Dynamics Business Central for the Cloud/SaaS or On-Premise. The Microsoft Cloud provides reliability, security, redundancy, compliance and more, which reduces companies overhead costs. The Microsoft Cloud allows business owners to focus on what they do best, rather than worrying about servers and licensing.
Complete integration to Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) and the ability to export and import from Excel (based on security) makes Dynamics 365 Business Central an easy to use software for end users.
Dynamics Business Central can be extended with Power Apps (additional features/modules) readily available for download on App Source, Microsoft Flow or with Extensions and Customizations.
Licensing Options for Dynamics Business Central
Two Editions are available:
- $70 per user per month: Essential licensing covers business areas that most businesses require in order to run their business such as financials, supply chain management, CRM, and Projects.
- $100 per user per month: Premium licensing adds Service order management and Manufacturing.
- $8 per user per month: Team Member or Light User
- $40 per device per month: Device
- Download the Licensing Guide for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- If you are a current Dynamics NAV customer and on maintenance then you will receive a significant discount on the monthly license fees. Reach out to us to review your discount options.
Pricing may change so please check with us before sharing this pricing with your team. These are named users.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Modules and Features
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is one of two Dynamics business software solutions and is the future of ERP. In addition there are many Apps to handle just about any unique business requirement. Dynamics 365 should be a top consideration when evaluating new ERP software.
Download the capabilities guide: Dynamics 365 Business Central Brochure
Benefits of Dynamics 365 Business Central
Get the freedom to begin with the applications you need and add new solutions at your pace. Using flexible applications and a scalable database means rapid business changes lead to more opportunities.
Start with what you need and grow at your own pace to run your entire business in the cloud. Easily import data from other solutions using data migration wizards and assisted setup. Get contextual guidance with in-product tutorials, when and where you need it. Handle the most common business processes from day one, like quotes, orders, invoicing, purchasing, cash management, and reporting. It’s built in the cloud, so it’s easy to set up, manage and scale.
One of the features that makes Dynamics 365 Business Central unique—there are no compromises with the mobile experience. Often, mobile versions don’t provide the same rich functionality. Dynamics 365 Business Central supports all mobile experiences equally. Your people get the same desktop capabilities and experience on Windows, iOS and Android platforms, using their device of choice. Essentially you can run your business from any platform with a consistent user experience from desktop to smartphone with the latest high-level security features built in.
Shorten the time from quote to cash, by managing the entire process within Outlook inbox. With Dynamics 365 Business Central, it’s easy to set up your customers or vendors and get to work. Create a quote by pulling product details and quantities directly from a customer’s email, input key points into your quote template in Outlook, and email the final quote in minutes. The process is just as simple when it’s time to create and send an invoice for payment.
- Users can access live Dynamics 365 Business Central data directly from Microsoft Excel to read, write, and update items, sales orders, and purchase orders. Integration with Excel offers powerful capabilities such as bulk imports / exports / updates, and Excel based data analysis using Charts and Pivot Tables.
- Integration with Microsoft Word allows users to customize and brand all outgoing documents such as quotes and invoices. Users can create/edit/modify the report layout in a Microsoft Word document using a WYSIWYG editing experience.
- Create custom applications with a simple drag-and-drop in-client designer to rearrange fields, rename groups, and reposition elements, and design workflows to automate your business processes. Work with a partner to connect third-party apps or configure Dynamics 365 Business Central to support your unique industry-specific needs.
- Use built-in intelligence to predict when and what inventory to replenish. Purchase only what you need with dynamically updated inventory levels. Leverage sales forecasts to automatically generate production plans and create purchase orders. Avoid lost sales and reduce shortages by maintain the right amount of inventory by automatically calculating stock levels, lead times, and reorder points. Suggest substitutes when requested items are out of stock. Maximize profitability and get built-in recommendations on when to pay vendors to use vendor discounts or avoid overdue penalties. Prevent unnecessary or fraudulent purchases through approval workflows.
- Manage budgets and monitor progress with real-time data on available resources. Create, manage, and track customer projects using timesheets along with advanced job costing and reporting capabilities. Develop, modify, and control budgets to ensure project profitability. Manage resource levels by planning capacity and sales. Track invoicing for customers against planned costs on orders and quotes. Analyze project performance and make effective decisions with real-time insight on project status, profitability, and resource-usage metrics.
“Clients First is able to deliver what they say. They’re easy to work with and very accurate at knowing what it will take to make something work. They’re very good at thinking outside the box.”
Damon Clovis, CFO, RCL Services Group
Why Partner with Clients First
At Client First Texas, our mission is to help businesses like yours stay competitive by leveraging modern ERP solutions. Whether you’re in the DFW region or beyond, we can help you get the most out of your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central system. In addition to user adoption and implementation, we have a development team and if on premise installation is needed, we can provide the same services including installation and support.