Especially developed for “born-to-learn” generations, Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) provides free online courses that cover a variety of topics relating to SMEs, cloud computing, virtualization, business intelligence, game and app development, etc. As technology is constantly changing and evolving, MVA is trying to offer new insights into the latest innovations, touching points of major interest for new generations, including millennials.
Microsoft: Next Generation Technology
We all know it: millennials cannot live without their devices and applications. It seems that these young adults have been endowed with inherent abilities to handle multiple tasks at once, build their own networks and create new abbreviations and codes for more effective communication, and adapt to new technologies and even decipher application logic with great rapidity. Considering all these, millennials promise to become the most efficient generation of workers we have ever seen, much more productive than previous workforce.
In an effort to impress current and upcoming generations, innovators are looking into the possibility of developing advanced devices and applications, which will turn many new ideas, no matter how incredible they may seem — such as the eye- and brain-controlled devices and applications — into reality. But to be able to use such devices and applications, we need access to up-to-date information, guidelines, and tutorials. Microsoft Virtual Academy is one of the few portals that can help you keep up with technologies and develop new skills.
MVA – Is It for You?
Aiming at adding extra value to its products and services, Microsoft uses the MVA website to make available a variety of free courses, which cover different topics and meet the needs of a large number of users, regardless of their skill level. All courses are divided into multiple modules that include a variety of materials, from videos to written documentation, which can be viewed online or printed for further reference. At the end of each module, students are invited to take a self-assessment exam in order to obtain a certain number of points, which validate module completion. You can take any number of courses and retake self-assessment exams, at any time you wish.
Microsoft trainers are continually updating the database, adding new courses to Microsoft Virtual Academy. By simply browsing the materials available via this portal, you can find out:
- How to migrate to newer versions of Office or Windows — MVA courses walk users through the steps they must follow in order to configure, update, and further administer particular software products;
- How to move applications to the cloud — MVA provides comprehensive information about private, hybrid, and public clouds, using Microsoft Azure as a base for demos;
- How to develop new desktop, mobile, and browser applications for the latest Windows devices — these courses also present compatibility essentials for bring-your-own-device scenarios, while offering details on managing users, contacts, websites, collaboration tools, and different applications within the same database;
- How to take advantage of powerful tools, such as Data Explorer, PowerPivot, Geoflow, SharePoint, Exchange Server, Office 365, Power View, and Microsoft’s suite of security features, in order to maximize existing infrastructure investments, run a highly efficient data center, and protect your infrastructure and users;
- How to choose the right solution for your organization from available products, including Windows, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Azure, Office applications, etc.
Besides offering up-to-date information about Microsoft products and developments, MVA allows next generations of IT professionals to deepen their scientific knowledge and acquire new technical skills, while providing them with all the tools they need in order to succeed in the technology-driven world of tomorrow. The additional Windows certification programs available through this portal validate expertise in designing, deploying, configuring, and managing a variety of Microsoft products, enabling graduate students to expand their career goals.
In conclusion, Microsoft Virtual Academy is the best bet for anyone actively pursuing mentoring to advance in his or her career in the growing field of information technology services.