Only an hour into Acumatica’s Summit in Denver, and we see a single theme being reiterated over and over again: mobile accessibility and collaboration.
With the launch of 4.2, Acumatica has improved it’s already flexible interface to adapt to our mobile and nomadic lifestyles. We already know the days of the desktop ERP (or, “ball-and-chain”) are long gone (if we can help it). As many software applications have attempted to do with the cloud (or SaaS), Acumatica has capitalized on this with huge improvements in mobility and collaboration.
Some examples that we’ve seen of Acumatica Cloud ERP in the opening keynote include utilizing tools like Azuqua and Box to streamline the flow of information between users.
In one of my personal favorites, Acumatica displayed how Box can be used in the Sales Order module to attach documents. Though this may seem, simple, the fact that other users can receive notifications on their mobile device, open the files and even comment on them, takes it a step further.
Additionally, we saw how Azuqua enables different cloud products to talk to each other. Acumatica demonstrated how Azuqua allows users to directly import leads from HubSpot into Acumatica’s CRM. Check out Azuqua, and see the other applications that Azuqua integrates with. (We promise, it won’t be disappointing!)
However, the most exciting presentation was “What’s New in Acumatica 5.0.”
Some tools and features that you will see in Acumatica 5.0:
- Single sign-on: Single sign on supports Microsoft/Google Authentication. Thus, reiterating the theme of ‘mobility and collaboration.’ Once you’re signed into Office 365, Exchange or Gmail, you’ll be able to directly navigate into your Acumatica Cloud ERP portal.
- Universal search: Universal search is like google on steroids. Users are not only able to pull up the world wide web within Acumatica, but you can also enter keywords like “Sales Order” or “General Ledger” where the system will pull from within your erp.
- Customized Filters: Just like you have multiple tabs open in a browser, these tabs allow you to create multiple user defined views and put them in tabs for easy accessibility.
- Multi-warehouse allocation feature: Allows you to allocate instock items from other warehouses. This automatically puts a transfer request in from ‘behind the scenes’ after you choose quantity from other location.
- Self Service Portal: B2B ordering is easier than ever before with a newly designed self-service portal for retailers. Buyers can determine which items you’d like to be available in the portal.
These are just a few of the up and coming features in Acumatica 5.0. Sign up for our webinar mailing list to be the first to know about webinars showcasing the new features in Acumatica Cloud ERP.